We all share an obligation to use BRE’s computer resources and networks responsibly and securely, adhering to the law and BRE company policies. For instance, you should not leave your computer logged-on when you are away from your desk.
There is no routine monitoring of internet and email use on the BRE Network. However, all data information sorted or processed on the BRE network, or transmitted within or from the organisation – such as through e-mail – is stored and may be accessed or monitored should there be reason to believe that there has been a breach of BRE internal regulations.
BRE understands the powerful opportunities for engagement with stakeholders and the wider world presented by social media. However, when using these resources those working for and with BRE should be careful not to share views or information on behalf of the company unless authorised to do so.
Follow BRE’s policies and procedures when using social media, exercising good judgment and common sense (Refer to our Acceptable Usage of Internet, Email & Social Networking Policy in the BRE staff area of this site and the Communication with the external world section for further details).
Dos and Don’ts
- Use BRE resources following all applicable company policies and adhering to BRE’s core values and behaviours.
- Take reasonable care of BRE assets, both physical and intangible, at all times, making sure they are not misused, lost or put at risk of damage or loss.
- Make sure you give the time needed to your work to perform your duties.
- Make sure that any occasional personal use of company resources that you may make does not negatively impact BRE.
- Report lost or stolen property, equipment or information in a timely manner.
- Allow personal use of company property (e.g. private emails/phone calls, social networking) to adversely affect your job performance and the quality of your work.
- Use BRE property (e.g. facilities/equipment or information) for personal gain and/or to compete with BRE.
- Compromise BRE’s security by putting the company’s network or data at risk, e.g. by visiting unverified or illegal websites